Spain captures your attention by provoking your senses, with its food, wine, music and landscape. Spain is a land of contrasts blending its historic past with its modern sensibility. In the Career Break Secrets Video Guide to Spain, Jeff takes you around Spain from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid to Barcelona to Seville, showing you how to connect to the country through it language, its food, its wine and the countryside.
Episode: markets and seafood and veggies, oh my!
Spanish cuisine is one of the most popular in the world. We go to Seville, inside one of the most renowned cooking schools in Spain, A Taste of Spain, for our own private cooking class. In this episode, you will:
- Follow Jeff and Chef Ruth as they visit the Seville market to pick out their ingredients
- See how 6 dishes from the Andalusian region are prepared
- Olive and Almond Tapenade
- Salmorejo (a cousin to Gazpacho)
- Artichokes with ¨Black Hoof¨ Ham
- Fillets of Fresh Anchovies
- Prawns in Garlic Oil
- Baked Saffron Rice with Cuttlefish
- See the process from market to preparation to service
- Learn about the history of the dishes
- Learn about Spanish cuisine
- Get the Career Break Secrets’ Top Secrets for taking cooking classes in Spain
- Have your mouth water at all the beautiful food prepared
- See it all in HD
Episode: tackling the camino
The Camino de Santiago, or Saint James Way, is one of the most storied walks in the world. Those that undertake the challenge are called pilgrims and we follow one such pilgrim telling her story and the story of the Camino along the way. In this episode you will:
- See what life is like on the Camino
- Learn what you need to pack for the journey
- See life inside the albergues, or shelters, where the pilgrims sleep
- Hear from multiple pilgrims had to say about their experience and why they walked
- See how to deal with blisters
- Get budget tips so you know how much you will need
- Hear from the Coordinator of the Office of the Pigrim
- Get the Career Break Secrets’ Top Secrets for walking the Camino de Santiago
- See the beautiful landscape of the Camino and the architecture of Santiago de Compostela
- See it all in HD
Episode: plug in. uncork.
Jeff travels around Spain to learn more about the wine culture of Spain and how to learn the basics of Spanish wines.